Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ed. Psych Forum


This week we had a mock school board meeting, about what to do with the situation going on at High Stakes High School. I really enjoyed this, because I got to hear a lot of different perspectives then just the people from my class. I learned a lot about what some rules that our teachers wanted to put in place at that school. I found this really interesting. It opened my eyes in a lot of ways to see what really might happen in a school, when the superintendent tries to change a rule that everyone is happy with already. I'm sure that a lot of people in these three classes felt very strongly for what they saw wrong or right with this proposal. I am one of those people that can sometimes be easily swayed one way or the other, and I felt really unsure about this whole thing. I realized that there were some parts of their new plan that really would work well in schools, but there were also many parts that I thought to myself there is no way that will work. I liked that we got to hear every ones views on each topic and also that we ourselves got to share our feelings and thoughts, which sometimes doesn't happen. Over all I felt like this was a very good way to use that hour lecture time, and I felt like I wanted to spend more time on it so that we could have voted to pass or fail the proposal.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I completely understand... I am very easily swayed when I listen to debates like this one! Both sides had incredibly good arguments and it was difficult to make a good decision!