Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Library Lecture

This past Monday we had a lecture on library resources and how to use them. I felt like this was not something I really needed to be hearing about. We learned a lot of this information when we were in Paideia last year. I did like that it was a refresher for library use but it just seemed to drag on. I know the website changed from last year. I just felt like that wasn't something I needed to learn again. There are plenty of other things that would have been more useful to be learning about. I liked just seeing how the site worked but I'm sure many of us out there thought "I could learn all of this on my own, why do I need to sit here and listen?" I do like listening to lectures don't get me wrong, but I just didn't really feel like this was a lecture I needed to hear. Maybe if I was a first year and didn't really know my way around the library at all and didn't know much about the Internet. I'm sure there might have been some people at the lecture that really felt it was helpful to them and it really didn't hurt me to hear it again. It just was not interesting to listen to. If it was made more interesting then I really wouldn't mind at all going to the lecture.

No comments: