Monday, November 17, 2008

Parents

The last lecture we had with parents of students from Decorah was not as interesting to me as listening to other teachers talk. I really felt like they did bring a new view to things, but it just gets to be a little repetitive when that is all we hear. I found their views on NCLB to be very interesting. It is always good to hear different views about this. They felt as though it was a good thing but really didn't understand why they needed to only talk about this at conferences. I felt it was good for us future teachers to hear a parents view on meetings and conferences that they will have with us. Parents don't always want to hear negative things and I think sometimes teachers forget this when they are meeting with them. I found this very interesting, and very useful. This keeps me thinking about the future and how I am planning on handling things with parents and students in my class. I have really enjoyed all of these different groups coming in to talk to us. It has given me a lot of different views and changed the way that I used to think about things. I found them all pretty entertaining, and enjoyed hearing their different sides to everything.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I agree that the NCLB topic did get really repetative! I also think agree with you that it was good to get the parent's perspective on things and it was interesting how different they were!